QED knows full well the standard of the mains power that drives hi-fi equipment can have a profound effect on its performance. So, having achieved great and Award-winning results with its most recent speaker cables and analogue interconnects, QED’s engineers have now applied their unique methodology to power cables.
This single-minded determination to liberate the performance of hi-fi electronics of all kinds has resulted in XT5 – a mains cable that spotlights QED’s mastery of cable technology and sets entirely new standards of performance at the price.
As with any QED cable, an enormous amount of attention has been paid to the materials and geometry of XT5. In a drive to minimise the degrading ‘proximity effect’ created as current density accumulates in the conductors nearest to each other, QED has applied the lauded X-Tube technology first developed for its award-winning range of loudspeaker cables. By more effectively regulating current flow to audio equipment, the equipment is free to perform as its designers intended.
This kind of imaginative thinking and rigorous execution is typical of QED, and it means the XT5’s X-Tube configuration is way beyond what any nominal competitor can offer.
- Conductor type: X-Tube
- Metallurgy: 99.999% oxygen-free copper
- Cross-sectional area: 1.5 mm sq
- Ferrite jacket: 10% Zn/Mn
- Capacitance: 98 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.52 μH/m
- Loop resistance: 0.026 ohm/m
- Dielectric strength: 2 kV (ac for 15 mins)
- Complies with: EN50525; EN60320; EN60884
- Outer jacket: Black Pearl
- Nominal outside diameter: 11 mm
- Plugs: UK – MK Tough Plug 655 blk
- Connector: MK IEC C13 794