Air Gap dielectric
By increasing the separation of the conductors inside the cable, and therefore the amount of air between them, QED has created a low-loss Air Gap dielectric. This technology halves the dissipation and capacitance characteristics of the cable, and results in numerous audible improvements – particularly where timing and rhythmic accuracy are concerned. Despite this increased separation, though, XT40i retains the sort of cross-sectional area that makes it ideal for long cable runs.
Forming the cable conductors into a tube-like shape around a hollow insulating rod in the centre of the cable equalises current densities, delivers very low inductance and presents a consistent, even load to an amplifier. The result is a cable that retains more of the finest musical details, that handles rhythms and tempos in the most natural and musically satisfying way, and that outperforms rival designs costing far more.
- Outside diameter: 6 x 14 mm
- Conductor area: 4 mm²
- Dielectric properties: Air Gap (εr = 2.4)
- Conductor chemistry: 99.999% oxygen-free copper
- Dielectric properties: Air Gap
- Loop resistance: 8.0 mΩ/m
- Parallel capacitance: 35 pF/m
- Dissipation factor @ 10kHz: 0.0295
- Self-inductance: 0.57 μH/m
- Gauge: 12 AWG
- Stranded Diameter – 2.75 mm (min)
- Suitable for ABS, Metal & Maxi Airloc